Sunday, April 22, 2012

Yarn Wreaths

One of my favorite new craft projects are yarn wreaths. They are super simple to make and real cheap! The main supplies are: a straw wreath, yarn and what ever decorative items you want to use.  Stay tuned I am working on four more...

Valentine's Wreath

Simple Valentine Wreath
The first yarn wreath I made was for Valentine's Day. Leave the plastic on the straw wreath. I wrapped the wreath tightly twice with the yarn. Then I made felt flowers. Cut the felt pieces in a circle. You can cut the outside of the circle in a wavy pattern. Then cut the felt in a spiral pattern leaving a circle at the end. It will look like a long wavy strip of felt. Start at the end of the felt strip and roll it up. When you get to the end hot glue the flower to the circle and you will have your flower. The bigger your felt circle the bigger your flower. You can make as many flowers in as many colors as you like. I just made a few red flowers for this wreath. I hot glued the flowers onto the wreath.

St. Patrick's Day/ Easter Wreath

Easter Wreath
I bought a larger straw wreath for the Spring holidays. I left the plastic on the wreath and wrapped it with bright green yarn. I made orange, yellow and white flowers for the St. Patty's wreath. I also added some wooden decorations I found. I attached each of these with Velcro to the wreath. Then I took the decorations off for Easter and added spring colored flowers and felt bunnies and eggs, again with Velcro. I love that I can use this wreath for 2 holidays!

Classroom Wreath

I made a technology Dr. Seuss wreath for my classroom door. I wrapped a small straw wreath with red yarn. Then I hot glued a plush Cat in the Hat to the wreath, some home made pencil Truffula Trees, (I will tell you more about these in my upcoming Seuss blog.) and CDs with Seuss and school stickers on them. I love seeing it everyday when I get to school.
Seuss/Technology Classroom Wreath




No comments:

Post a Comment