Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Adding Some Spice to Normal Office Supplies.

Decorative Notepad Holders

Decorative Notepad Holders
One of my latest projects has been to create cute office supplies for myself and my friends. My first project was to create notepad holders. I found the idea on Pinterest. They are very simple to make and you can customize them in many different ways. I generally buy my frames at Walmart and I stick with 5X7 frames.  They are usually under a $1.00. I did make a 4x6 frame for my son but the notepad takes up most of the frame. You can also turn the frame to the side or keep it straight up and down like the ones pictured to the left.




Notepads for Gifts




Supply List:

  • $1.00 plastic frame 5x7
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Mod Podge
  • Clothespin
  • Tacky glue
  • Glue gun
  • Ribbon
  • Sticky note pad (You can use a plain color or one with a design).
  • Embellishments

Two different sizes.
The first step is to cut your scrapbook paper.  Sometimes I use two different scrapbook paper designs. Cut the paper to the size of the frame. And then slide the paper into the frame. Everything glued directly to the frame is glued with Tacky glue. The hot glue gun melted the plastic of the frame. I usually glue the notepad first and then decorate around it. Use Tacky glue to the entire back of the notepad. Then wait for it to dry before you add more decorations. Next, I usually glue ribbon to the top of the frame. You can add a clothes pin so that it can hold other messages. I usually decorate the clothespin with some mod podge and scrapbook paper. One that is dry I hot glue it to the ribbon on the frame. Finally, I add embellishments. Some items I have used: buttons, cardboard letters, flowers and stickers. It is very easy to create one to match a theme. I have made 10 so far and each one has turned out so differently. They also make great gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment